PAGES

July 14, 2011

Inspired by Nature

Andy Goldworthy, probably the best known environmental designer, has an unique eye for the beauty of nature. His design may only last for minutes (he captures his creations with photos) but its impact lasts much longer. 
The materials used in Andy Goldsworthy's art often include brightly-coloured flowers, icicles, leaves, mud, pinecones, snow, stone, twigs, and thorns. He has been quoted as saying, "I think it's incredibly brave to be working with flowers and leaves and petals. But I have to: I can't edit the materials I work with. My remit is to work with nature as a whole."
Stone in river covered with yellow flowers, a true focal point in this picturesque scene. The yellow-green coloured leaf ends of the trees tie in the colours.
His work, in form of shape and colour, is an inspiration for designers worldwide.
I find his work very sophisticated and adorable and a photograph of his work an interesting piece of art for nature lovers. More inspirational pictures can be found on goldsworthy/photography

No comments:

Post a Comment